Monday 28 September 2020

The Captivating Moon

 

                                             The Captivating Moon



What is it about the moon that is so captivating?

Is it because we have been attuned into believing that it is an ethereal object full of mysticism? 

Or do we find it naturally enchanting?

 

Looking out of my window on a moonlit night,

I can see the silver streak of moonlight gliding onto the earthly greens with all its might.

Making everything appear truly magical,

The aura of the moon is so enchanting that it bewitches me even though its purely cyclical!

 

Companion to countless people around the world,

To the lonely kid who is up studying late,

To the awkward one who cannot muster the courage to say,

To lovers sharing a beautiful moment,

To lonely souls pining for love and attachment,

To those whose loved ones have departed;

And to those, whose life is as bad as if it never even really started!

 

Coming back to its beauty as we all clearly notice,

The poets and writers have done it true justice

Such is the magnanimity of the moon,

That its grandeur can never spell doom.

Even though it does not have its own light,

Yet it has kindled that ray of hope in the hearts of so many downright!

 

For me, it connects me to my love faraway at sea

Even though the time zone might differ

Yet I believe he will always look at it with glee

For I look at it here and give it a coy smile

Imagining it going all the way to whisper to my man

How much it means to me that he is mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment